Top Useful Tools to Have When Preparing for a Move
Getting ready in advance for a move is always a smart thing to do. Remember that the devil is in the details. Moving to a new house can be a huge task and it’s often something we underestimate. Having some simple but handy packing supplies can help to make that boring and long process a bit easier and quicker. Most probably you already have all those tools at home, but if not, you can always buy them at the dollar store nearby or supermarket.
The following tools are a must for those careful planners:
This packing kit will help you get everything organized and will help avoid mistakes when moving.
- Packing tape – for boxes
- Coloured paper or colour stickers – for labels/differentiate contents
- Ruler – to easily rip paper in half
- Sharpie – for labelling
- Stanley knife
- Wrapping plastic – for furniture wrapping
- Old blankets – for furniture wrapping
- Newspapers – for wrapping dishes
- Ziploc bags – for packing liquids or little things like jewelry
- Rubber bands – for closing/packing boxes
- Cord (optional) – put a piece of cord under the packing tape for easy opening
- Dolly – ok, this one doesn’t fit in the kit but it’s a great tool!
These tools are not for an intense cleaning, but just to leave the house clear from debris and other stuff that may leave marks on the floor or furniture (e.g.: food, paint, garbage).
- Plastic bags – for trash, charity donations, etc.
- Stain remover sponges (e.g.: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser)
- Vacuum cleaner
- Rags – for wiping, drying or cleaning surfaces
We’re sure that by using these simple tools your packing experience to move will be more fun and neater. If we missed something, let us know and we will add it to our list.